- Claims & Risk Management
- No comments
Workplace accidents are unfortunate events that can disrupt both your physical and financial well-being. In the event of a work-related accident, our return to work program will help you transition back into a productive role as you recover from your injury.
If you are injured as a result of your job, the return to work program is designed to get you back on your feet and return to your job as soon as possible. You benefit from the program in the following ways:
- Perform meaningful work despite your physical restrictions while recovering.
- Maintain your income level.
- Retain your status within the company.
- Avoid the monotony associated with long periods of home recovery.
- Stay updated on important company announcements, events and meetings.
- Maintain your body’s strength and help return to your pre-injury strength and condition level.
- Accelerate your recovery process.
Modified Duty for Return to Work Program
Modified duty work is an important part of the rehabilitation process that allows you to maintain a certain level of activity within your physician’s prescribed restrictions. Modified duty work combined with physical or occupational therapy is the best method for moving you along on the road to recovery.
In addition, modified duty is crucial to your successful return to your regular job after an injury. We have identified numerous modified duty positions within our organization. These positions will be considered when accommodating temporary work restrictions.
If you have been injured on the job, we will attempt to place you in one of the modified duty positions in our job bank as soon as we receive a return to work release form from your doctor. You will be placed in the position that best falls within your temporary work restrictions.
Be safe and healthy on the job at with these helpful tips provided by The Safegard Group.